Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Julie and Julia

I've had several people ask me for recipes since I love to cook. So with that being said I've decided to follow in the foot steps of the movie Julie and Julia and create a blog about food. I'll still let you know what's going on with my life but I'll just include the recipe for my dinner. I'll basically be making a virtual cookbook. :)

I have been sifting through recipes all day today and dinner still has not come to me. I do know we're going to have something with chicken. I will let you know what we had last night though that way you have a recipe to steal if you like. ;)

Spicy oven-fried chicken:

4 (6oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbl (divided) extra spicy seasoning (Mrs. Dash)
1/3C yellow Cornmeal
1/2C nonfat buttermilk
1C crushed cornflake crumbs
your favorite hot sauce for taste.

Preheat oven 400 degrees

Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of  plastic wrap; pound chicken to an even thickness using a mallet Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and 2tsp of seasoning.

Combine cornmeal and 1 tbl seasoning in a shallow dish. Combine buttermilk, 1 tsp of seasoning, and couple dashes of hot sauce to taste in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in cornmeal mixture, then buttermilk mixture, and finally cornflake crumbs covering the whole chicken. Place chicken on a wire rack coated with cooking spray, place rack on a pan and in the oven.

Bake at 400 degrees for 25 min or until done.

Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as Dennis and I did. :)

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about doing this too, except only recipes that I really LOVE :0) I also liked your word use "SIFTING through recipes" I thought sifting was clever since it is a cooking term!

    ReplyDelete