Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Monday, January 31, 2011

The simple joys in life


I have the wonderful pleasure of waking up to this almost every morning. Dennis and I have noticed that we always seem to get about 7 deer walk through our backyard. I think it's the same ones over and over again and all they do is walk around in circles. My favorite part about this is that they usually stay in our backyard while we enjoy breakfast. It's so wonderful and before we eat we add just how much we appreciate the simple things in life to our prayers. I also thank God for moments like these because my baby will have such an interesting life ahead of him. I tell him now (in my belly) about the deer and how much he's going to love seeing them. :)

Saturday night we invited one of new friends over for dinner. We love to entertain, and have parties. (Not crazy parties, more like dinner parties, or wine and cheese parties) It's been hard for us to do that here because we moved here knowing no one. Ashley works with Dennis and we decided to invite her over for dinner. I was so excited to get back into cooking. Dennis really brags about my food at work so I had to make an impression. With that being said, I made a feast for her. Dinner included Chicken Cordon Bleu, Scalloped potato gratin, Roasted tomatoes with pesto, and Creme Brulee. It was fantastic! Of course I forgot to take pictures of everything but I did get photos of the potatoes and the tomatoes. I make the chicken cordon bleu a lot so I'll take pictures the next time.

Homemade scalloped potatoes

Roasted Tomatoes with Pesto

I'll post the recipes later but for now I'd like to get this post up so everyone can read it. :)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yum, looks good.

    There are a lot of deer, that's cool. We have some around our house too but unfortunately, they are dead and hanging on our wall. (Sorry, gross.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I can't stop laughing after reading that. I wasn't expecting the end of that scentence. lol Nice seeing you last weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that recipe, woman! :) Get on and post another blog about food already..... ;) I want that goat cheese pizza.... YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete