Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Sunday, November 7, 2010

We're having a BABY!!!!

Baby Arakelian due May 24, 2011


The past two months have been rough on me. The first month I found out I was pregnant I didn't blog because I was sick 24/7! I was afraid of eating because I don't like throwing up. So the genius that I am decided to stop eating. I went to the doctor and found out that I was very malnourished and the doctor said EAT!!!! I felt horrible that I had stopped eating for my own selfish reasons and realized I had to do whatever I could to get food down. I pretty much spent that whole first month eating lots of soup and crackers.

By the second month I was able to hold down foods until 5:00 pm. I had the worst evening sickness ever! I had to be in bed before 9:00pm or else I would throw up. Also cooking dinner was a challenge for me because everything smelled awful! Eating dinner was a challenge too. I still don't understand how breakfast and lunch were fine but it would take me over an hour to eat a simple meal. I also felt bad for Dennis too because, I would be fine all day and the moment he would walk in the door I would be sick.

Thankfully now (third month) I am feeling much better! I have my energy back and I don't get sick as often. I still deal with a little bit of nausea but it's nothing like before. My medicine for all of this is peppermint. It's been a drug for me. The second my stomach starts acting up I chew on a piece of gum or suck on a mint and miraculously I am healed. I love it!

Now on to appointments. My first appointment was a boring one. I talked to the doctor about my medical history and gave blood. My second appointment was the best one! It was our first ultrasound. Unfortunately Dennis had to work for this but he did enjoy seeing the photo when he got home. My third appointment I was able to hear the babies heartbeat. It was an emotional experience. The nurse first let me here mine, then moved to the babies. It was an amazing sound! I had butterflies in my stomach while listening. I don't have another appointment till November 23, and I wont be able to find out the sex of the baby till January.

In closing I have to thank God for this blessing. I was torn after our last miscarriage and so Dennis and I prayed every day for another baby. I am truly grateful that the Lord blessed us so early with another baby. Also, thank you to everyone who prayed for us during our time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment