Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Taking care of my boy.

Is it wrong that I am enjoying getting to take care of my husband??? Early this morning I had to take Dennis to the base dental office for oral surgery. He had to get a gum graph. Apparently brushing your teeth hard is bad for you and deteriorates your gums. So he was in surgery for 2 hours, and the worst part of the news is that he can't eat any solids for 3 weeks. I have to say I am loving spending time with him and taking care of him. I guess this is preparing me for when we have kids. :)

I've explained to Dennis before how heart broken I was when the last time he had surgery he was in California without me. I wished I could have been there so bad to take care of him. Luckily this time I am here and I'm going to make sure to take care of him whatever he needs. I've made a menu for the week of different soup recipes to make for him. Yes, I could just buy prepared soup....But, I love cooking and this way I still can. On Easter since I can't make a nice meal I am going to make Ham and pea soup. Sounds pretty yummy.

So far Dennis isn't in any pain, they've given him a lot of drugs so maybe tonight it will kick in. I hope it never does because at this point he's doing great. Well I better get going we're about to go for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment