Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Friday, January 29, 2010

Feeling like a grown up....

Today my Dad and Step mom left for Illinois. Due to weather they had to cut their visit short. Apparently there is a huge southern winter storm going on throughout highway 40. So they decided to leave earlier than planned to avoid it. Even though I was sad to see them go, I agreed because I would feel terrible if something happened to them. So today was a very long day without them.

I realized today that I am officially a grown up. I know that I am married and everything, but honestly I've spent most of my married life at my parents homes. Today is the day where reality sets in. Dennis will be home very soon and after that there is no going back home. It's kind of hard realizing that because I was getting used to everyone. It was nice to see my niece and nephew. To be able to take a trip to Chicago on the weekends, go to church with my Mom and Byron on Sundays, and any other thing I can think of. It's going to be hard not being able to see all of them whenever I wanted to. Don't get me wrong though, I am super excited for my husband to come home, and ready to start our wonderful life together. :)

With that being said, Dennis should be home in less than a week. I'm not going to give a specific date for safety reasons but I am so excited that it is going by quickly. I hate saying this, but the deployment really did go faster than last year. I think knowing that this was the last one really helped. Also I knew what to expect. Getting home a month earlier helped too. I am thankful for the deployments making our relationship stronger, but I would never want to go through this experience again. I am completely ready to be a wife, and of course one day a mother. We've waited so long for this military life to be over and I am glad we've finally made it.

I am proud of myself for surviving the first day in my apartment alone! Well not completely alone, I had my friend Becca come over and hang out. It was a huge help, we talked all day long and I made lunch and dinner for her. I loved getting to do that because cooking is a passion of mine. I was happy that I got to test out my recipes on her before Dennis comes home. It's so great being out here with friends. My first time in Jacksonville was sad for me because I wasn't as outgoing as I am now. I barely had friends and I was sad all the time. That is the main reason why I went home during the deployments. Now I am loving living here, and it's going to be hard to leave with all the friendships and connections we've made here. I love my little town and I've spent most my married time here. We've traveled so much here and have so many memories. It will be really hard to move.

Well everyone I should probably get to sleep......

No comments:

Post a Comment