Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Operation clean house = FAIL!

Once again I have done nothing, I repeat NOTHING to my apartment. You would think I would get myself on track here. I guess I shouldn't say nothing, I finally found a spot for my stay and go crock pot. It was just sitting on my kitchen floor, so I guess the kitchen is completely done. :)

Also, today I put my new bed sheets on my bed. I bought 1200 count Egyptian cotton sheets. They feel like silk, it's amazing. I can't wait to sleep in them. Right now I've been sleeping in the second bedroom since Dennis isn't here. It doesn't feel right sleeping in our bed without him. Also it kind of makes me sad. I know I sound like a wimp here, but honestly I'm not alone very often. I live with my parents when Dennis is deployed so this is kind of new to me. I'm handling it as good as I can, but I have no idea how most of the wives do it. I would go insane with boredom!

I decided to continue cooking. I LOVE to cook so much, it's what keeps me happy. I was living off sandwiches and grew tired of them quickly. Today I made myself a 5 star meal. Spaghetti Squash, with a veggie sauce. I used prepared sauce but added garlic, chopped onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, and turkey bacon. It was fantastic if I don't say so myself. Completely healthy too because there is no carbs in the dish. :)

I have been reading a lot since Dennis has been deployed. Last night I finished The Time Travelers Wife and now I am reading For Women Only. The first book was kind of strange but good. I'm amazed that I kept with the book. It's kind of difficult to read because it jumps back and forth a lot, because of all the time traveling. I would still recommend it, the movie comes out on video Feb. 5Th so I'm excited to see it and compare. The second book is really good too. It's supposed to teach me what men are thinking. I believe that Dennis thinks I'm a great wife, but it wouldn't hurt to listen in on what guys want in a wife. It's interesting so far, I'll let you know what I really think when I'm finished.

Oh most importantly.....I got my hair cut today. I'm pretty excited about the cut. I haven't taken any photos of it because I want to surprise Dennis with it. I'll start posting pictures on here when he returns. Hopefully I can get a homecoming photo of us. The cut is super cute though, it frames my face and now I have bangs. I took off some of the length, but it's still below my shoulders. Dennis really likes my hair long, and honestly I do look better with it long. I cut it short once and almost cried every day till it grew back. hahaha

Well all I need to go stare at the mess I haven't touched yet. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment