Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My boy is coming home soon!

I am starting to get really excited! Dennis will be home in about a week. I can't wait to see him again. I am very excited because, this is a whole month earlier than last year. So no matter what at least I can say he came home early. :) I really can't complain to much, I know it sucks that he had to go on another deployment. I have to say, that the deployments really make our relationship that much stronger. Dennis left for Iraq August 2008-March 2009 then August 2009 - February 2010. We only had 5 months together before he left for Iraq again, so 13 months we had to spend communicating through emails and the telephone. The thing that makes me the most happy about this whole military experience is, that I now know how to communicate to my husband. I know that it's hard for couples to open up to their husbands sometimes. Dennis and I had to learn fast to communicate, it's what makes our marriage survive. I say that we've been married for 3 years, but our relationship is at a level of a Ten year relationship (honeymoon stage included) ;)

I guess this whole post is to brag about how proud I am that we are surviving through a rough time on any relationship. I know how hard it is to be away from your loved one, it would be tough on anyone. i just have to look towards the future and realize this isn't the rest of my life. We will be together soon, and continue being together for a very long time. I have to say that I am very happy to have found the perfect match. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your grandmother and I are real fans of your marriage. We are so happy for you as you are about to be re-united. Kind of brings back memories. Grandma and I were separated after less than four years of marriage -- for 14 and 1/2 months when I was sent to Korea in 1961. Somehow we survived - but between you and me - that was the worst 14 and 1/2 moths of our life. I hated the separation.

    I trust you will have a wonderful reunion and start really living again the day Dennis arrives home.

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Grandpa so much! Sometimes I look at our relationship and thank about you and Grandma. You guys were great role models for Derek and I. It was nice to see you two so in love, and still so in love.

    I honestly don't know how you and Grandma did it either, at least we get phone calls. I had a short 3 months where Dennis and I couldn't talk to each other on the phone and that was rough. Letters helped a lot!

    I love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete