Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Monday, January 25, 2010

We're getting somewhere....

Hello All,

Dad and Peg made it! I am so happy to have them here. It has been a HUGE help. They arrived around 4:00 yesterday, and we've been non-stop busy ever since. Last night my dad did most of the work. He unloaded his truck with all the things from Illinois. Then we went to Credo's Pizza for dinner. I thought the pizza was pretty good, but I really miss Chicago pizza. Nothing compares to Chicago pizza. Afterwards we decided it would be best to hold off unpacking and just watch the football game. I'm not a huge sports fan but anything to make my dad happy, since he's doing me such a huge favor. ;)

First thing on the list this morning was getting the coffee maker up and running. Luckily the first box I opened had the mugs in it. :) Off to a great start. Dennis called around 10 AM and it was wonderful to hear his voice. We had a little phone date, and it was a good break for me from unpacking. After our phone call my parents had terrible news to tell me. I guess one of the boxes had something poking out of the bottom that scraped against my linoleum floor. This was a brand new floor and very noticeable. After almost crying, I realized that I should just call the moving company. Thankfully I did because the owner himself came and looked at the floor and is planning on replacing it. Thank goodness, it's not like I have the extra cash.

We made a lot of progress today. We only have at least 5 boxes left, but a ton of tubs. The boxes are what I am most worried about. I want them out of my apartment, I wouldn't want to attract bugs or something. The tubs are from Illinois so there aren't to many of those. Once all the boxes are done I will venture onto the tubs. It's so nice to see my stuff again, I had missed it so much. I still haven't gotten to sleep on my bed because I am letting Dad and Peg use it. I am sleeping in the spare bedroom. My favorite thing about today was that I got to cook! I miss cooking so much. I made spaghetti and garlic bread. I made the sauce with mushroom, onion, garlic, bell peppers, and hamburger meat, then I used whole wheat spaghetti. We all gobbled it up very fast. I never thought moving in can take up so much energy. I'm hungry all day long!

I guess I should stop slacking around. I need to help my family unpack. Hopefully you'll here from me tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment