Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'll be home for Christmas.....(in February)

We are almost done unpacking!!!! The only boxes I have left are the boxes full of clothes. That will be the easiest ones to unpack. Once I unpack those I will just have to organize everything. Most of the stuff is done, I really need to just work on the second bedroom. I kind of just threw things in there that I didn't know what to do with.

My dad hung all my pictures in the living room. It looks amazing! Earlier last year I had an art show in Illinois. I decided that I wanted to hang up all the photos in the living room, so it looked like it was in a gallery. I also have a huge painting that my brother (Derek) made, it's green and makes up the whole theme of my living room. I have moss curtains, moss candles, and even a moss colored blanket for the couch. I will put up pictures after my husband comes home because I want to surprise him. Also Derek gave me three matching painting that are smaller. So our living room looks very artsy.

I also decided to decorate the house for Dennis. I feel bad for him because he has missed Thanksgiving and Christmas the last 2 years. So I decorated the living room for Christmas, and the kitchen for Thanksgiving. :) I think it makes him happy to come home and get to celebrate. I can't imagine how everyone in the military is feeling being away from their families on Christmas. At least now he can celebrate with me. In the middle of February Den's parents are coming out and we'll have a Thanksgiving meal then. :)

I really need my sleep, busy day tomorrow finishing the place.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures. Post them as soon as Den gets home. Okay after you spend a lot of time with him. That is so fun that Uncle Den and Auntie Ree are coming in February. I think it is so great that you are decorating for the holidays for him. When we move, I don't look forward to packing or unpacking. But I do look forward to decorating. I haven't really decorated the house we are in to be exactly like I wanted to since it was a Bachelor's place before I moved in. I wish you lived closer and then I could see your place, and we could visit and have coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Hopefully you can come out and visit. We would love it! I know what you mean about the decorating thing. I, I do the decorating 90% for Dennis and 10% just because I like fall decorations. haha I can't wait to take pictures though. My table looks like it can be in a magazine. It's decorated for Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete