Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Weekend.

On Friday around 9 in the morning Dennis came home from work. It was a great surprise. I guess all he had to do that day was get his rifle from the armory, after that they we're free to go. So we both crawled in bed and I let him sleep a little longer. It was nice to have him home and get a nice long weekend together. We decided to go out on a date that night. We stayed home and ate but went to the movies afterwards. I made Blue cheese stuffed Turkey burgers. It's so good when you stuff them with the cheese, because it gets gooey inside. I also made oven fries to go with them.

On Saturday we prepared for our wine and cheese party all day. Dennis bought tent cards and on one side put the name of each cheese and on the other side a short description about each cheese. We also set the cheeses on three different cheese plates (we had 8 different cheeses) and put those plates around our apartment, to keep the crowd moving. We had 2 on dinning table and 1 on our card table in the living room. We had classical music playing, and I put out different appetizers for everyone to have. It seemed like everyone had an amazing time. I don't know if I'll host one again, I woke up with the worst hangover ever. I wasn't even planning on getting drunk. I figured it's a tasting you cant get drunk off of a little wine. We did the math and found out everyone had at least a bottle to themselves. That's a lot of wine!

Sunday, we spent most of the day sleeping and trying to cure our hangovers. Dennis decided to tell me that I am very dramatic when I don't feel good. lol I guess I am but it hurts. We didn't have any Tylenol so that was the worst part. I needed my headache to be gone! I decided once I was finally done being sick that I would eat some toast to help the pain. Then we decided to get out of the apartment and get some fresh air. We went to the mall and ate some New York style pizza. Oh my goodness I love those giant slices of pizza. I went shopping for some new shoes, all I have for the summer is flip flops and I really hate those kinds of shoes. I decided to cave and get those Roman sandal looking shoes. They're actually cute shoes, I don't know why I hated them so much in the beginning. I also bought 3 different outfits because there was a sale at Wetseal and I found out I get a military discount. It turned out to be a good day after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment