Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dinner date with the boy....

After preforming my housewife duties yesterday I started to feel sick to my stomach. I had no energy to cook, so Dennis and I decided to go on a little date. I cleaned both bathrooms and dusted and I think the constant smell of bleach made me a little queasy.

On another note, my apartment has a Daddy Long Legs infestation. I killed four of them (one being a baby), and somehow the fifth one got away. They're everywhere! Thankfully I can rest peacefully because I looked up the average spiders we eat a year, and found out that it was a myth. phew!

I am loving being a housewife. Yesterday I put on a 50's dress and did my hair in curlers while I cleaned the house. I am disappointed that we had to go out to eat last night, I honestly believe (and Dennis agrees) that my cooking is better than some restaurants here. Last night we went to an Italian restaurant, my meal was tortellini in a rosa sauce. I could tell that the tortellini was store bought Buitoni Tortellini (because I've bought that brand before) and it was supposed to have prosciutto when they used bacon. I guess the restaurant believes that if you eat there you know nothing about the culinary world. Don't worry though I only spent $18.00 on the meal with the total bill around $80.00!!! The sad part is that this was a local mom and pop shop I expect them to have "real food" I might as well of been at a chain restaurant.

I guess I like to spoil myself. I make a full course dinner every night for Dennis. (my pant size proves it! lol) Not only do I make a full course meal but we have wine with dinner and eat by candlelight with classical music playing. It might sound cheesy but dinner's are a passion of mine. It's the one time where Dennis and I can relax and spend quality time together without the distraction of the electronic world we live in. This is why I chose this life as a housewife, I love waking up in the morning and cleaning my apartment. I love when Dennis walks in the room and smells a wonderful dinner cooking. Most importantly I love his appreciation of all the work I do, and I appreciate him for the work he does. We make a great team. :)

Hmmm now if only I can decide what's for dinner tonight. It's a toss up between homemade spaghetti and meatballs, or chicken in a lemon sauce with capers. I'll fill you in tomorrow on what I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment