Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Trip to D.C.

Yesterday Dennis and I decided to take the metro to Washington D.C. We had so much fun but ended up being very exhausted. We visited the Washington Monument, the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, WWII Memorial, and the Smithsonian.

The best thing about D.C. is that everything is near each other. If I'm staring at the Washington Monument I can also see the WWII Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial. If I turn to my right I can see the White house, and behind me I can see the Capital building. It's amazing! One day we're going to tour the White House but it's a huge process to get tickets so it will be a while before we do.

My complaint about D.C. is that there are no restaurants! We walked forever trying to find a place to eat. (not a chain restaurant) We couldn't find anything. Finally we found a basement bar and we had a burger and fries. I don't think D.C. is very tourist friendly. You would think the place would be lined up with restaurants considering that it's a huge tourist spot. You can't walk 10 feet in Chicago without running into a place to eat.

Once we got home we spent the rest of the night relaxing, since we did so much walking. I cant tell you how exhausted we were!

making muffins now...better go. :)

2 comments:

  1. There are some good places to eat if you get off the mall area. Back behind (or I guess in front) of the White House there are more restaurants. We ate at a good one that was near the spy museum and then one also near the White House information center. Adam and I got to tour the White House around Christmas time, it was so neat. I hope that you guys get the chance to go. Glad you are happy in DC! I loved it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice. I am loving it here. We're living in Manassas right now but looking for a house near Leesburg, VA. Hope things are going well with you too. :)

    ReplyDelete