Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Monday, September 20, 2010

The year of vacations...

This year will be known as the "Year of Vacations" for me. I feel like every month we've been on the road. This is a good thing though because knowing what it's like to not have Dennis by my side makes me not want to waste any minute where we could be doing something.

I hated those 14 months without him! On August 12 this year I woke up with a shiver and then turned and saw Dennis and smiled. That day was the normal day he would have been leaving for a deployment. I can't tell you how good it felt to know that he was still beside me in bed. 2 years of deployments in a row were awful for me. The first year I was diagnosed with depression but I refused to take medication for it. I knew that once I saw Dennis I wouldn't feel that way anymore. Sure enough it worked, the moment we saw each other it was like those seven months never happened. I love that about us, because we can just pick up right where we left off. The only problem was we only had 3 whole months together before he had to leave again for another seven months. Looking back on it I don't know how we did it. I'm just thankful we'll never have to go through that again.

Since Dennis has been home we've been to Illinois twice, the Outer banks of North Carolina, Wilmington plenty of times, Florida (Disney World), The Biltmore Estate, Washington D.C., we moved to Virginia and we've just scheduled a trip to go to Sanibel Island for Thanksgiving with Den's parents. Dennis has wanted to take me here since we first started dating and now finally we're able to go. It will be nice for Dennis to get away from work. Also it would be nice to go to the beach once it starts to get chilly out. :)

I'm thankful for all the places we've been this year, and hopefully there will be more to come.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me so happy for you & so thankful that I never have had to go more than a week without dusty. Just think if you can make it through all that you can make it thru anything :0)

    ReplyDelete