Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Monday, February 8, 2010

Chocolate Festival.


On Sunday Dennis and I drove down to Morehead City, NC for a Chocolate Festival. I made reservations at a local restaurant for brunch, with award winning bread pudding. The place was so cute. It reminded me of a bed and breakfast. The brunch was really great! We had eggs, salad, breakfast sandwiches, chicken, rice, and of course bread pudding. When we left we were completely stuffed.

No one tells you at a chocolate festival that you're going to have to eat a lot of chocolate. We were so stuffed from the brunch that it was really hard to sample products. The festival was really nice, there were a lot of vendors, and it reminded me of a farmers market. Each vendor had free samples of products to try. I tried to cram them into every inch of free space in my tummy. One of my favorite new things that I tried was a potato chip dipped in chocolate. It should be a sin because it's so good. Also we bought different dip mixes, butterscotch covered peanuts, and chocolate dipped pretzels.

My favorite part of the festival was the demonstration. There was a lady demonstrated how to make crepes suzette. She asked for a volunteer, so immediately I rose my hand. Dennis gave me a look and said "You're really wanting to do this?" So guess what, she must of heard him because she chose him. hahaha It was so funny, he was cracking jokes the whole time he was up there. He even mentioned me as a great cook. :) I had a blast watching him up there, and told him for now on he has to make me crepes for breakfast.


For Dinner we invited Justin, his mom, and Grandma over for dinner. I made pork chops in an apricot sauce, brussel sprouts, green beans, and rice. It was a great dinner! We also cut up cheeses and served them with wine, nuts, and dried fruits before dinner. We love to host dinners for people, and I can't tell you how much I missed it. It was great cooking a big meal again. I'm so happy to have Dennis back and getting back into the swing of things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment