Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lazy day....

I'm not going to have that much to write today. I just wanted to talk about the wonderful dinner Dennis made for me. I started hearing some clatter in the kitchen and had to go investigate. That's when Dennis told me he wanted to make me dinner. I have to say, I'm loving having him home. I offered to set the table, but he told me to relax. After smelling the wonderful aroma from the kitchen it was finally time to taste test. He had wine filled in the glasses, a candle lit, and the table set. It was so cute to see him waiting for me to take my first bite. It was so amazing. He made me Spaghetti Carbonara, cheese toast, and corn. The spaghetti was the star of the show, it had bits of eggs, pancetta, garlic, and olive oil.

While we were eating I asked Dennis different questions about cooking. We cook very differently, I measure everything out and rely on cookbooks. Dennis on the other hand has the amazing gift of throwing things together and its wonderful. I really wish I could cook like that. I would love to take a pinch of oregano, and pair it up with a perfect complement and you'll get the perfect recipe. Maybe in time, and some training I'll get there.

until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment