Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Saturday, February 6, 2010

a little girls dream is coming true!

I finally got back to sleep last night, and thankfully Dennis let me sleep in this morning. :) I made him my best batch of french toast this morning. I was so amazed, I'm usually not good at making breakfast. I think I might still make some bad batches just so Dennis will make breakfast more often...lol ;) He still wins for the better breakfasts.

We had a very busy day today! We went into town and did some shopping. Afterwards met up with our friend Justin and his family. Dennis and Justin work together and went to Iraq together. He's a good friend of ours, and when his family comes out we try to get together with them all the time. It's fun getting to hang out with them. We went to lunch together at one of our favorite local places. It's called the Kettle Diner. Today was their 50's day and all the workers were dressed up in poodle skirts. It was cute.

When we got home Dennis and I watched the Tudors. It's one of our favorite shows. We've watched every season together. This is the third season and it's getting intense. Anne Boleyn has already been murdered and King Henry is on his third wife. I'm looking forward to the season, you learn a lot from this show too. I have to say I'm very impressed with shows like this. They really pack a lot of history in them. I was in awe of the series Rome too for the same reason.

Dennis has been planning a mini vacation in Raleigh for his block leave (vacation time after Iraq) he's been keeping every bit of it a surprise for me. Today he asked me if he could tell me the details. Since it's coming up I told him he could tell me. Boy was I surprised, it turns out were only going to Raleigh to get on a plane for New York! I've always wanted to go to New York since I was a little girl. I'm so amazed that we're going. We will see the Statue of Liberty, Empire State building, ground zero, we're going to watch an Opera, and go to a dessert place called Serendipity. I'm so excited! He kept one event a secret for me because we are celebrating our anniversary that day and it's a surprise. I love him so much, I'm shocked he could keep this a secret so long. I'm so happy. :)

Talk to you later! :)

2 comments:

  1. How fun! When are you going to New York City? I have been there twice and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our trip will be the 17-21, then Den's parents come to our place on the 22-28th. :)

    ReplyDelete