Our trip to Venice March 2009

Our trip to Venice March 2009

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dennis is home!


After a long time of patiently waiting, Dennis finally made it home. :) The second I saw him we hugged, kissed, and told each other "Never again!" I think we've both realized that deployments suck. Don't get me wrong, I'm so proud of him, and love that he did this for his country. We're just ready to be together now. We've tackled two deployments and now we're waiting for the end of his enlistment. We have 7 months, it seems like it will go by in a flash.
I had a lot of fun this morning. I woke up at 2:30 am to a phone call from Dennis. He called to tell me the plane landed. After that I started getting ready and made it to the battalion by 4:30. The boys were late leaving the airport so instead of an arrival at 5:00 am like it was supposed to be, they came at 6:00. When we got home, Dennis wanted to make me breakfast. I was so happy about that because he makes the best breakfast ever! He made scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and toast. It was pretty tasty. We also celebrated Christmas today. After Dennis opened all his presents we slept, all day long. LOL I finally woke up at 2:00 pm because I'm afraid I wont sleep tonight, Dennis is still sleeping from jet lag.
I better get going in case he wakes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment